[CES 2013] Alcatel has a couple of new phones announced for CES as part of its One Touch lineup, and one of them would be the One Touch Idol Ultra, a 4.7” Android smartphone with a HD display versus a qHD display on its sibling, the One Touch Idol. The Idol Ultra will be powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor accompanied by 1GB of RAM, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 1.3MP front-facing camera, and has the ability to capture videos at 720p HD quality.The One Touch Idol Ultra will also run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as its operating system of choice. Alcatel is also boasting that the Idol Ultra is considered to be the world’s thinnest phone measuring at 6.45mm thick. Assuming Alcatel’s measurements are spot on, they could be right as other “world’s thinnest” phones like the Oppo Find 5 measure 6.9mm thick.
We’re not sure why Alcatel has referred to this Idol model as “Ultra” because apart from the difference in RAM and display resolution, one could argue that the Idol is almost as good, but then again perhaps the Ultra might be more in reference to its thin status rather than power. No word on when it will be available for purchase in the US, but Alcatel expects that it will retail for about $444 and will be available in China sometime during January.
Next Story: Garmin K2 Infotainment Platform
- 2014-02-25: Alcatel One Touch Pixi 7 Is A Highly Affordable Tablet
- 2014-02-24: Alcatel One Touch Unveils New Trio Of Pop Smartphones
- 2014-01-06: Alcatel OneTouch IDOL X+ Smartphone Revealed
- 2014-01-06: Alcatel OneTouch POP C9 Announced
- 2013-12-26: Alcatel's Idol X+ And BOOMBand Announced In China
- 2013-01-08: Alcatel One Touch Tab8 HD 8” Tablet Unveiled
- 2013-01-08: Alcatel One Touch Tab7 And Tab7 HD Budget Tablets Revealed
- 2013-01-07: Alcatel One Touch Scribe HD “Phablet” Announced
- 2013-01-07: Alcatel One Touch Idol Announced, Lightest Smartphone In Its Category