In the midst of all the sprawling happening at CES 2013, Apple broke the news that its App Store has already seen over 40 billion downloads since its official launch. What’s even more impressive is the news that Apple users have downloaded the 20 billion in 2012 alone. Via press release, Apple says that the App Store has over 500 million active accounts and that its faithful developer community have created over 775,000 apps for the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod touch.
Apple credits its success from its top notch apps, including Imangi Studios’s insanely popular Temple Run game which has been downloaded more 75 million times. “It has been an incredible year for the iOS developer community,” says Eddy Cue, Apple’s Senior Vice President of Internet Software and Services. “Developers have made over seven billion dollars on the App Store, and we continue to invest in providing them with the best ecosystem so they can create the most innovative apps in the world.”
Next Story: Pantech Discover Hits AT&T This January 11
- This iWatch Concept Gives It A More Classic Look
- iPhones More Likely To Be Stolen, But Less Likely To Require Repairing [Study]
- Safety Concerns Raised Over CarPlay Feature
- Mercedes-Benz Could Offer CarPlay Installations For Older Models
- Apple 'Scrambling' To Meet FCC Deadline On In-App Purchases [Report]