What’s in a name? After all, doesn’t a rose smell just as sweet were it to be called by any other name? Well, Research In Motion (RIM) must know something that we don’t, having changed the name of its app store from BlackBerry App World to BlackBerry World. Hmmm, I do wonder whether there are any kind of unknown legal wranglings for RIM to drop the word “App” from the name, but perhaps it could be at the behest of their marketing arm to make things simpler in the long run. Well, a name change is not all that RIM has delivered, where BlackBerry World now promises new kinds of content, including music and videos.
This change arrives days before the planned launch of RIM’s new mobile platform that is known as BlackBerry 10, and you will be able to see the new changes under both “Videos” and “Music” sections. RIM touts that the new store will be a “one-stop shop for all of your entertainment needs”, and we sure hope that it lives up to expectations. What do you think of the name change – hot or not? Funnily enough, the URL remains the same, but that’s to be expected.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy F Series Is In The Works: Eldar Murtazin
- Bluetooth 4.1 Features Revealed
- President Barack Obama Has No iPhone Due To “Security Reasons”
- Google Search Updated, Will Launch Apps From Search Results
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- Follow: blackberry world, RIM,