We’re not entirely sure what’s going on with Dell over the past few weeks as a number of rumors have hit the Internet regarding the company possibly going private as well as a report saying Microsoft is in talks to invest $3 billion into Dell. One thing we know for sure is nobody was wondering what the “Dell Dude” thought of all of the recent Dell-related rumors, but he went ahead and spoke his mind on the subject anyways.
Ben Curtis, whose outstanding work as the Dell Dude can be seen below, submitted an e-mail to Bloomberg in which he explains how exactly Dell could fix its current situation:
“I think they’re making a huge mistake and simply need to bring back the Dell Dude! That’s it. That’s all they need to do. If they brought me back, their sales, stock and media presence would skyrocket. That is by FAR the smartest move they could make.”
What we take away from this quote is Curtis wants a job again as his acting career didn’t exactly take off after he was fired by Dell in 2003 after being arrested for attempting to buy marijuana.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-02: Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26: Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23: Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update
- 2014-03-07: The Dell Precision M2800 Has An Affordable Price Tag