Facebook, a modern day technological success story, has fallen back onto old school marketing techniques when it comes to announcing the availability of Gift Cards which can be purchased online for a friend or relative living elsewhere. Basically, Facebook users will soon be able to gift their mates items from Jamba Juice, Olive Garden, Sephora, and Target, thanks to the introduction of the reusable gift card from Facebook.
How does it work? The premise is rather simple, really, where you first pick a gift for your friend from the Gift Cards & Digital category. Following that, choose a value and complete your purchase. Your friend be informed immediately about your gift, and checking their mail, they should see a Facebook Card in the mailbox not too long after. They can then take a quick trip to a nearby retailer that you have selected, and spend whatever credit is in there. Best of all is, Facebook Gift Cards are reusable, and each card can hold multiple gift balances, with individual balances dedicated to the associated retailer. Expect the ability to send a Facebook Card gift being made available in stages to folks living Stateside.
If only Facebook Gift Cards were launched before Christmas last year…[Press Release]
Next Story: Grand Theft Auto 5 Delayed Until September 2013
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam