Everyone wants to make history, and have their names etched in the annals for all time to come, and the same can be said of companies, too. Foremay, for example, claims that they have successfully developed the world’s first 2TB SSD that has been stuffed into a 2.5-inch SATA enclosure. Of course, 2TB is old hat by now if you do not mind purchasing a large PCI Express card, but Foremay’s efforts with the TC166 and SC199 for end users and industrial users respectively will come in a 2.5-inch SATA enclosure.
Measuring a mere 9.5mm thin, it ought to find a place in most laptop hard drive bays and space-sensitive machinery without batting an eyelid. Unfortunately, some of the more important details that we would have liked to see including pricing and availability remain elusive, so there is no way to speculate on a price point just yet, although we are quite sure that the adjective “expensive” would find a prominent place in due time.
Next Story: Aleratec 1:1 HDD Copy Dock
- 2014-04-07 Intel 730 SSD Review (480GB)
- 2013-12-09 Samsung Unveils 1TB mSATA SSD
- 2013-10-18 Apple Warns Of SSD Failures In MacBook Air
- 2013-10-10 Toshiba Q Series Pro PC Internal Solid State Drive Announced
- 2013-10-11 Samsung SSD EVO 250GB And 750GB Review