[CES 2013] If you’re the sort of person who enjoys outdoor sports or adventures, then you probably know that using your smartphone to take photos of your activities might not be the best choice due to the relative fragile nature of our phones, which means that you’ll probably be interested in a compact camera like Fujifilm’s FinePix XP60 which as you can see in the image above, looks like it was designed to withstand a fair amount of abuse, and that’s certainly one of the features of the XP60 that Fujifilm is focusing on.Featuring a reinforced FUJINON lens and being capable of withstanding immersion in water up to 20ft (6m), drops from up to 5ft (1.5m) and the ability to handle temperature drops up (down?) to 14F (-10C) as well as being dustproof, it certainly seems like the XP60 has been designed for the rugged adventurer in mind. On top of those protections, the XP60 will also come with a newly redesigned battery door lock with double seals for added peace of mind. As for the camera itself, the XP60 will come with a 16MP CCD sensor, 5x optical zoom, CMOS-shift image stabilization, a 2.7” LCD display with anti-reflective coating and Full HD 1080p movie capture quality.
The XP60 is also capable of 10fps continuous shooting which means you will be able to capture action shots as they occur so you won’t miss the moment. It also comes with Motion Panorama 360 which lets you capture panoramic photos simply by activating the mode and spinning around in a circle. As with most FinePix compact cameras, the XP60 is no exception and will come laden with added features such as filters to help your images “pop”. The XP60 will be available come March 2013 and will retail for $199.95, and if blue isn’t your color, you can expect to find it available in yellow, red or green.
Next Story: Huawei Press Conference Live
- 2014-03-17 New Fujifilm X Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2014-03-03 Fujifilm UK Launches Camera Customization Service
- 2014-01-28 Fujifilm X-T1 Is Official
- 2014-01-26 Additional Fujifilm X-T1 Specs Revealed
- 2014-01-20 Fujifilm X-T1 Photos Leaked Online
- 2014-01-06 Fujifilm Unveils FUJINON XF56mmF1.2 R Lens For Portrait Photography
- 2013-01-07 Fujifilm Announces FinePix T550 with Long Digital Zoom
- 2013-01-07 Fujifilm S8200 and S8300 Mid-Range Cameras
- 2013-01-07 Fujifilm SL1000 Camera
- 2013-01-07 Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR 42X Optical Zoom Camera