Huawei is certainly in a unique position, where they might eventually overtake other big time players who are on the decline such as HTC on the smartphone front. After all, HTC did have a rather underwhelming 2012, and hopefully 2013 will be better for them, but you can say that Huawei’s star is on the rise with what we saw at the recently concluded CES. This time around, the Huawei G520 is put under the spotlight, where it might also be sold as the Ascend G520 Stateside should it make its way there, but the first stop would be in China this coming January 21st. When converted, that would place the Huawei G520 to cost a mere $225 unlocked – not too shabby at all.
Underneath the hood of the Huawei G520, you will find a 1.2GHz Mediatek MT6589 processor, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at the minimum, a 4.5-inch IPS touchscreen display, a 5-megapixel camera at the back, and 512MB RAM. I guess this is a classic case of getting what you pay for – anyone looking forward to a US release?
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again