After teaming up with Asus earlier this month, Leap Motion is announcing today that it has signed an exclusive deal with Best Buy to bring its revolutionary new device to all Best Buy stores in the U.S. and online starting this spring. “The Leap,” as it is called, will be available for pre-order online at BestBuy.com beginning in February. Meanwhile, Leap Motion will continue taking pre-orders directly at LeapMotion.com.
As a matter of review, the Leap Motion controller has the ability to track movements up to 1/100th millimeter with no visible lag time. It also has a 150-degree field of view, and tracks individual hands and all 10 fingers at up to 290 frames per second. The controller will measure 3-inches long, 1-inch wide, and 1/2-inch thick. “Consumers expect Best Buy to have the latest connected technology and the Leap Motion Controller is a great example,” said Jason Bonfig, merchant vice president for computing at Best Buy. “We are excited to bring this innovative product exclusively to our customers.”RELATED
- Mystery Google Barges On A 'Hiatus'
- Google Open Gallery Paves The Way For Online Exhibitions
- LG Reveals Men Can’t Multitask Video
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Follow: best buy, Leap Motion,
- Seen at: leapmotion