A couple of days ago we reported that Samsung had managed to sell 1 million Galaxy Note 2 units back in South Korea, but it looks like Samsung isn’t alone as their South Korean competitor, LG, has similarly announced that they too have managed to sell 1 million units of the LG Optimus Vu in South Korea as well. While congratulations are certainly in order, it should be noted that the LG Optimus Vu was launched much earlier than the Galaxy Note 2, meaning that it took LG longer to hit that 1 million mark compared to Samsung who only took 90 days. It should also been noted that apparently LG took sales on the Optimus Vu II into account, so those numbers might not be as accurate as you might think.
As a quick recap, the LG Optimus Vu is basically LG’s answer to the phablet trend and Samsung’s Galaxy Note device which had surprisingly caught on a lot better than many would have anticipated. However the LG Optimus Vu was designed differently from the Galaxy Note in the sense that it favored a slightly smaller screen at 5” and its weird 4:3 aspect ratio which made the device rather boxy and weird looking, not to mention probably not as ergonomic as one might think, but what do you guys think? Do you prefer the LG Optimus Vu or its successor, the Vu II, or the Samsung Galaxy Note 2?
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2013-07-31 LG Vu 3 Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2012-10-20 Verizon LG Intuition Review
- 2012-08-27 LG Optimus Vu/Intuition press shot spotted, possible 15th September release
- 2012-08-19 Global LG Optimus Vu gets Tegra 3
- 2012-08-13 LG Optimus Vu in the USA in "weeks"?