[CES 2013] Panasonic’s CES Press Conference took place yesterday morning to which they announced a number of features for their Smart TVs, a bone-conducting headphone and a new LUMIX camera and it looks like they weren’t done showcasing some of their new products for 2013. One of which is their new Toughpad line of tablets.
Panasonic’s Toughpads, which, of course, are tablet versions of their popular Toughbook line will be receiving new version this year as there will be an Android and Windows 8 tablet.
The Toughpad JT-B1 is their new 7-inch Android tablet that runs Ice Cream Sandwich and features a 13MP rear-facing camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4660, 16GB of internal storage, 1GB of RAM, microSD slot, Bluetooth 4.0 and a micro-USB port. It has eight hours of battery life, an expansion port for barcode and MSR readers and has a 3-year warranty attached to it.
Panasonic’s other Toughpad is the FZ-G1 and is a 10-inch tablet that runs a full version of Windows 8, and is packed with a 1,920 x 1,200 display, 1.9GHz Ivy Bridge Intel Core i5-3437U vPro CPU, a 128GB SSD drive (upgradable to 256GB), up to 8GB of RAM and also has an eight-hour battery.
The Android-powered JT-B1 will be available in February for $1,300 while the Windows 8-powered Toughpad FZ-G1 will be available in March for $2,900. Just be sure if you’re going to spend all of that money on either of these tablets that you have one demanding job so you can feel the joy of throwing your tablet around without worrying about it getting busted.
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon
- 2014-03-07: Panasonic P31 Launched In India, Still In The Smartphone Game
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic HX-WA03 Camcorder Toughs It Out
- 2013-01-08: Panasonic Ultra HD Windows 8 Tablet
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic Reveals New Blu-ray Players, Media Streamers At CES
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS30 Features 20x Optical Zoom, WiFi Connectivity This March
- 2013-01-07: Panasonic RP-BTGS10 Uses Your Skull To Listen To Music Via Bluetooth-enabled Devices