[CES 2013] So we are halfway through the madness that is known as CES 2013, and what other kinds of goodies have we discovered? Rapoo, one of the leading manufacturers of wireless peripheral products, has just announced their latest addition to the wonderful world of gadgets in the form of the Rapoo TV. Basically, the Rapoo TV is a receiver and remote solution that will help turn any HDTV “smart”, and I do wonder what happens to those folks who already own a Smart TV, and plug in the Rapoo TV? Does this mean that their Smart TVs are now Genius TVs? Humor me.
Well, back to the Rapoo TV – it will basically hook up any Wi-Fi enabled iOS or Android device to an HDTV, allowing users to perform searches over the Internet, download applications and view web or smartphone content. The Rapoo TV is capable of mirroring content from the connected iOS or Android devices onto the HDTV, and your smartphone or tablet will also double up as a remote control for the TV. Heck, opt to connect a wireless mouse and keyboard to Rapoo TV and your HDTV ends up as a pseudo-desktop. I find it rather humorous that in an age of 3D color TVs, the Rapoo TV will come in black or white later this quarter.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-01-17: Best of CES 2014 Ubergizmo Awards
- 2014-01-10: Dive Is The $89 Alternative To The Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-10: The Matias SecurePro Keyboard Comes With 128-bit AES Encryption
- 2014-01-10: Bens Electric cPot Cloud Intelligent Cooking Appliance
- 2014-01-05: Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Backup Plus Fast
- 2014-01-05: Lenovo Beacon Home Network Storage
- 2013-05-16: How Ubergizmo Prepares For CES: A Chat With David Spark
- 2013-01-15: Hands on: Huawei Ascend Mate Review
- 2013-01-15: Best of CES 2013 @ Ubergizmo