After hours, I tend to spend my evenings watching TV with my wife, along with my iPad on my lap. I’m usually browsing Reddit, reading some news and making my way through my email. It seems that last activity is one the majority of iPad owners enjoy as well as a new research was published today which shows just how important email is on their iPad.
According to a survey conducted by the developer behind IndrediMail, 90 percent of the 4,400 iPad users who took part in the survey said accessing their email from the iPad was either “very” or “extremely important.”
The report also found a total of 97 percent of iPad owners surveyed use the device to read email, while only two-thirds use it to send replies. We’re not entirely sure why the 97 percent who exclusively read email wouldn’t just submit a reply to whoever it is that’s email them, although maybe they’re just the kind of people who like to play hard to get.
As for iPad users’ mail application of choice, Apple’s Mail application is the preferred way to access email as 41 percent of users reported using it, right behind it is Gmail’s app at 31 percent and Hotmail being used with only 13 percent of those surveyed.RELATED
- Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 Review
- No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Samsung Rumored To Be Working On 8-inch And 10-inch AMOLED Tablets
- Follow: Apple Inc, email, iPad,
- Seen at: businesswire