We know Samsung Galaxy owners are impatiently waiting for Samsung to finally announced the Galaxy S4, but this isn’t the only Galaxy device that you should be keeping your eye out for.
Last year, Samsung introduced its Galaxy Xcover, which is an Android device that is geared towards you outdoor people who go mudding, shoot ducks and go fishing. We’re assuming the Galaxy Xcover sold well as Samsung is announcing today a new Xcover, the Galaxy Xcover 2, is planned for a future release.
The Galaxy Xcover 2 will survive all of your outdoor adventures as its once again dust and sand proof and IP67 certified, meaning it is water resistant and can survive a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes. In fact, Samsung encourages you use the Xcover 2 under water as it’s now possible to take underwater photos.
Other Xcover 2 specs include a 1700mAh battery that can hold a charge for up to 570 hours, a 4-inch WVGA display, 5-megapixel front facing camera with flash, VGA front-facing camera, Bluetooth connection, 4GB of internal memory and a microSD slot. It’ll be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and will come with a slew of Samsung apps and functionality like MotionUI, S-Cloud, S Voice and Best Shot.RELATED
- Nokia Lumia 929 Accessories Set For 20th December Release
- Nokia Lumia 1020 Is The Most Popular Nokia Camera On Flickr
- Android 4.3 Stability Update Rolling Out Across The Globe For Galaxy S4
- Lenovo Gearing Up To Sell Smartphones In Germany Next Year
- New iPhones Continue To Dominate Japan's Smartphone Market
- Follow: Samsung,
- Seen at: samsungmobilepress