We know Samsung Galaxy owners are impatiently waiting for Samsung to finally announced the Galaxy S4, but this isn’t the only Galaxy device that you should be keeping your eye out for.
Last year, Samsung introduced its Galaxy Xcover, which is an Android device that is geared towards you outdoor people who go mudding, shoot ducks and go fishing. We’re assuming the Galaxy Xcover sold well as Samsung is announcing today a new Xcover, the Galaxy Xcover 2, is planned for a future release.
The Galaxy Xcover 2 will survive all of your outdoor adventures as its once again dust and sand proof and IP67 certified, meaning it is water resistant and can survive a depth of one meter for up to 30 minutes. In fact, Samsung encourages you use the Xcover 2 under water as it’s now possible to take underwater photos.
Other Xcover 2 specs include a 1700mAh battery that can hold a charge for up to 570 hours, a 4-inch WVGA display, 5-megapixel front facing camera with flash, VGA front-facing camera, Bluetooth connection, 4GB of internal memory and a microSD slot. It’ll be running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and will come with a slew of Samsung apps and functionality like MotionUI, S-Cloud, S Voice and Best Shot.
Next Story: Google Published iOS Apps Dominated 2012
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit