[CES 2013] Sony has a trio of high definition Handycam camcorders of the flash memory variety to rock CES 2013, and they are the Sony HDR-PJ790V, HDR-PJ650V and HDR-PJ430V, which will retail this coming February for $1,599, $1,099 and $849, respectively. The Sony HDR-PJ790V will be the high end model of the trio, boasting a 24.1-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor to enable you to get the best start in amateur filmmaking, where it even comes with a 5.1 channel microphone and a built-in projector.
The latter is capable of projecting up to 100” videos thanks to its 35 lumens projector, and there is also a HDMI input terminal which helps project content from external devices. Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, a whopping 96GB of flash memory, a multi-interface shoe, Wi-Fi connectivity and manual controls round off the list of specifications.As for the mid-range Sony HDR-PJ650V, this will also come with an integrated projector that has 20 lumens of brightness, and the 20.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor should get the recording job done nicely. Also featuring a HDMI input terminal that projects content from external devices, it has 32GB of internal flash memory, and comes with balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, manual controls, a 5.1ch surround sound mic for premium sound, a multi-interface shoe, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Last but not least would be the Sony HDR-PJ430V, which is ideal for capturing family milestones thanks to its 8.9-megapixel Exmor R CMOS Sensor that also boasts of instant playback via its 13 lumens integrated projector. Other similar hardware specifications include a HDMI input terminal and Balanced Optical SteadyShot image stabilization for those with shaky hands. Which of the three would you settle for?
Next Story: Sony HDR-TD30V Handycam Camcorder
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2013-01-07: Sony HDR-TD30V Handycam Camcorder
- 2013-01-07: Sony Handycam HDR-CX430V, HDR-CX380, HDR-CX290V And HDR-CX230V Camcorders
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-09: Sony Handycam Lineup New Features
- 2012-01-09: Sony Handycam HDR-CX760V with Balanced Optical SteadyShot