Have you ever had a mind to run Android apps not on your smartphone, but on your PC instead? Well, that is made possible thanks to a spanking new app that is called WindowsAndroid, where it more or less will enable the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform to function on Windows just as though it was a native Windows app. The moment WindowsAndroid is installed, you are able to take advantage of various features such as the Web browser, gallery and other included apps. Heck, if you are diligent enough to pay your dues, so to speak, you can even opt to load and run additional third-party Android apps.
Of course, this is not the first time that Windows computers run Android apps as the past has seen software from BlueStacks that does something similar, and assuming you insert an FXI Cotton Candy any-screen PC into your computer, the same somewhat happens, too. Thing is, WindowsAndroid intends to differentiate itself from the rest of the pack by offering the full Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich experience sans additional software or hardware.
- 2014-04-17: Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08: Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download