We’re sure that Zynga was quite pleased with themselves when they bought Draw Something, thinking that they would be able to cash in on its popularity, but as we’re sure some of you guys have heard, Zynga is not doing very well for itself financially and in a bid to save more money, the company has announced that they would be shutting down 11 apps. Presumably these apps were shut down because Zynga is trying to cut their losses, and we guess that these apps aren’t doing as well as Zynga had hoped. While you might not have heard of all these apps, some of them are pretty big names such as Petville which supposedly numbered 1 million users, Mafia Wars 2, FishVille, Treasure Isle and Vampire Wars. Zynga still has a couple of big hitters under its belt and hopefully with less apps they have to focus on, more attention will be paid to their remaining lineup which might be able to help Zynga prosper in the year of 2013.RELATED
- Ingress Storyline Set To Continue?
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Dead Rising 3 Demo Available Today; Details On First DLC Revealed
- The Walking Dead Game Season 2 Trailer Focuses On Clementine's Survival
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Follow: apps, zynga,
- Seen at: tuaw