The Sony Xperia SP first captured our imagination earlier in the month, and at that point in time, the hardware specifications available to us were as scarce as hair on detective Kojak’s head. However, it is a good thing that there are still some tech ninjas lying around, otherwise how else could additional information concerning the Sony Xperia SP leak out? Apart from knowing that the Sony Xperia SP will be powered by a Snapdragon S4 processor, the looming shadow of Mobile World Congress that is set to happen early next week is reminder that Sony Mobile could very well use that platform to announce a slew of new rumored models, including the Sony Xperia SP.
Other than the dual-core 1.7GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, the Sony Xperia SP is also tipped to be accompanied by the Adreno 320 graphics chipset, sporting aluminum construction along its edges, complete with a plastic back and transparent, customizable notification bar that is strategically located at the bottom. Speculations abound that the Sony Xperia SP will also feature a 4.6-inch 720p display, an 8-megapixel Exmor RS camera, and 8GB of internal flash memory which can be further expanded via a microSD memory card. Is this the next smartphone upgrade for you?
Next Story: LG Optimus G Arrives In Europe
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-11: Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-26: Sony Xperia SP Andorid 4.3 Update Release Expected Soon
- 2013-07-25: Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update