A couple of weeks ago the Huawei Ascend P2 was spotted in some leaked photos and with an event invite pegged for the 24th of February, it would seem as if Huawei could be announcing the device then. However in the meantime it looks like Japanese carrier Emobile has announced a certain Huawei GL07S smartphone, and based on the press shot in the picture above, we can’t help but feel that this device shares a striking resemblance to the Ascend P2. While aesthetically it might look like the P2, there is one notable difference between the models, and that is its processor.
According to the rumors, the Ascend P2 is said to sport a 1.8GHz quad-core processor developed by Huawei themselves. However in the case of the GL07S, it will feature a 1.5GHz quad-core processor instead. Apart from that, other minor differences include larger internal storage at 32GB and a slightly larger battery at 2,350mAh versus the 2,200mAh. It measures 8.6mm thin and will also come with 2GB of RAM and a 13MP camera along with 4G LTE connectivity, making it Emobile’s first LTE smartphone.
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2013-02-27: Huawei MediaQ M31 Media Streamer Introduced As Samsung Homesync Rival
- 2013-02-24: Huawei Ascend P2 Officially Revealed
- 2013-01-25: Huawei Ascend P2 Leaked Press Shots Surface
- 2013-01-14: Huawei Could Unveil A 7.7mm Windows Phone 8 Smartphone At MWC 2013
- 2013-01-11: Huawei To Release Its Own 8-Core Chipset In Second Half Of 2013