The concept of gaming isn’t new to Facebook. Games like Farmville and Chefville have already made their mark on Facebook. However Sean Ryan, head of game partnerships of Facebook, believes that Facebook is ready for the next level of gaming. He’s planning on introducing First Person Shooter (FPS) games like Call Of Duty to Facebook. “We spent part of last year and into 2013 working with developers, and working on our platform features, to see what would we need to do to ensure a better supply of great games for this category,” Said Ryan.
Games like Offensive Combat have been launched to see the reaction from gamers, but it’s a bit early to predict the outcome. More FPS games are expected to join up the social media experience and will become part of Facebook. A Role Playing Game (RPG) ChronoBlade, is expected to be launched in spring this year.
The biggest challenge to serious gaming on Facebook could be in the form of gamers. A lot of people do not view Facebook as a serious gaming platform. However this perception might change if a good enough FPS or RPG game is introduced on Facebook. Would you like your favorite FPS game to be added to Facebook?
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam