We think it’s safe to say the majority of gamers enjoyed both Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, which is why any mention of another sequel is sure to set the Internet ablaze with rumors and speculation on what the next game could be.
During Warner’s investors call last week, Time Warner CFO John K. Martin said briefly mentioned the next Batman title by saying, “And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise.” Martin goes on to say “we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013,” which leads us to believe the next Batman Arkham game to release this year.
As with most investor calls companies hold, very little information was given in regards to the game, its setting or who will be developing it. VG247 is reporting from their sources Rocksteady Studios, who were the developers behind both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, will not be working on the next Batman: Arkham game. Fortunately for us, E3 is just four months away, which means we’ll most likely hear about the next Batman: Arkham game some time this June.
- 2014-02-09 Batman: Arkham Origins DLC To Be Prioritized Over Bug Fixes
- 2013-12-12 Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- 2013-12-09 If Batman Loved Golf...
- 2013-11-04 Make-A-Wish Foundation Wants To Turn San Francisco Into Gotham City For A Day
- 2013-10-08 Recycled PlayStation 2 Sees Second Life As Batman's Tumbler
- 2013-04-09 Batman: Arkham Origins Coming October 25 For PC, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U
- 2011-12-08 Batman: Arkham City Lockdown looks amazing
- 2011-11-22 Batman: Arkham City now available for Windows and OnLive
- 2011-10-27 Purchase a new Samsung SSD, get Batman: Arkham City for free
- 2011-09-27 Batman: Arkham City bundle announced for Europe