The Apple iPad mini’s greatest flaw, as tablet purists would point out, would be its 162ppi pixel density that clearly pales in comparison to the rest of the more modern tablets in a similar size class. Well, it goes without saying that Apple would certainly have taken note of that a long time ago, which is why there are rumors of a next-generation iPad mini that will make sure its screen will be on par with tablets of a similar today. Hmmm, that’s not saying much, is it, as Apple plays catch up in the visuals department to the better endowed Android-powered tablets, but still, as the saying goes, better late than never.
The BrightWire news agency cited a source from within one of Apple’s Taiwan based suppliers, AU Optronics, who claims that the new iPad mini’s display will carry a resolution of 2,048 x 1,536, which is four times the amount that you can find in the current Apple iPad mini, and would be on par with the fourth-generation Apple iPad.
Next Story: Fujitsu Arrows Tab AR70B Hits Japan
- 2014-04-21: Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16: Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2013-02-28: iFixit Deems Microsoft Surface Pro Least Repairable Tablet
- 2013-02-21: iPad Mini 2 Rear Shell Leaked Photos Hint At Retina Display Addition [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Apple Goes Lovey Dovey With Valentine’s Day Engraving Promotion For iPads
- 2013-01-14: Cellular iPad Mini And 4th Gen iPads Hitting China This Friday
- 2012-11-16: AT&T Announces iPad mini Availability