The Sony NEX-7 is probably the most expensive camera from Sony’s NEX mirrorless camera lineup. It features some pretty impressive hardware specs which produces some pretty amazing quality photos. Now if you were hoping for an update to the NEX-7, you might be in luck because according to a tip obtained by Sony Alpha Rumors, it seems that come April, Sony could be announcing the NEX-7’s successor, the NEX-7n. This is hot on the heels of Sony’s previous announcement which unveiled the A58 and NEX-3n.
The specs of course cannot be confirmed at the moment, but according to the tip, the NEX-7n will feature a 24MP camera with phase detection pixels on its sensor. This will be a new sensor and will not be the same one on the NEX-7. Apparently the internal circuitry has also been redesign and supposedly solves the overheating problem. I don’t own the NEX-7 so I can’t speak for its overheating, but if you’re a NEX-7 owner with said problem, looks like it might be solved in NEX-7n. That’s pretty much all the specs we have for now and we suggest you take it with a grain of salt, but check back with us at a later date for more details.
Next Story: GTA 5 To Arrive On PS4 And Next Gen Xbox
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide
- 2013-11-18: Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- 2013-08-07: Sony NEX-7 Out Of Stock In Some Stores, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-11: Sony NEX-7's Successor's Body Design Gets A Description [Rumor]
- 2013-06-19: Sony NEX-7 Successor October Shipping Date Rumored