Back in December of 2012, Sony announced the Xperia E and the Xperia E Dual. These are entry level Android smartphones with the latter feature dual SIM capabilities. Unfortunately for those in the US who wanted to get their hands on the device, they were out of luck as they were only announced for the European market, at least until now. Sony has recently confirmed that the Xperia E Dual will be making its way stateside and is expected to begin shipping on the 1st of March. According to Sony’s website, the Xperia E Dual will be priced at a very affordable $199.99, so if you’re looking to get yourself a smartphone with dual SIM capabilities, this could be quite a steal.
A quick recap for those who might have missed the news – the Sony Xperia E Dual features a 3.5” scratch-resistant display along with a resolution of 480×320. It will sport a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of internal storage which can be expanded via microSD. It will come with a 3.2MP camera on the back and a VGA camera on the front with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich running the show. These admittedly seem like dated specs but for its price, you certainly do get what you pay for.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6