We’ve seen tesla coils used for some pretty neat things recently like being used as a Nerf gun, but being able to bend electricity to your will in order to play the main theme song for Super Mario Bros. is probably one of the coolest things we’ve seen a tesla be used for.
Tampa’s University of South Florida X-Labs decided it was time to use their monster Tesla at full power in order to further show off their geekiness by having it play the theme song for Super Mario Bros. The video clip is short, but it’s nonetheless impressive seeing something that large, with that much power behind it, perform flawlessly.
According to the description of the YouTube video, the Tesla’s electrical arcs were over 10 feet with 220v of electricity pumped into the Tesla. It took two years for the X-Labs team to complete their monster Tesla, which resembled the one Nikola Tesla originally invented.
- 2014-04-14 Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-03-30 Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2014-03-28 Tesla Installs Titanium Shield Under Its Cars To Prevent Battery Fires
- 2014-03-11 New Jersey Bans Tesla’s Direct Sales Model
- 2014-03-06 Tesla Plans Major Supercharger Network Expansion For Europe