Remember the alleged Samsung Galaxy S4 renderings that were “leaked” yesterday? Well as it turns out, it wasn’t so much a leak but rather a mockup of what the Galaxy S4 might look like, but here’s the kicker, it was a mockup by online UK retailer, Expansys, who claims (via their Twitter account) that @evleaks stole the design from them and added their own logo on it. The tweets (1,2) by @evleaks have since been deleted, indicating that this might be the case.
As far as mockups go, the design was created by the web designer for Expansys and in no way tells what the actual Galaxy S4 looks like, or hints at it. In fact it even reads at the bottom of Expansys’ Galaxy S4 page, “Careful: these are not official characteristics and are subject to change after the official device announcement.” Also based on the design of the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2, we can only assume that the Galaxy S4 will be continuing a more curvy design versus the more boxy one on the Galaxy S and Galaxy S2.
We’re sure that a good many of you guys are bummed by this piece of news, but with the official unveiling a little over a week away (14th of March for those who forgot), we guess you guys won’t have to wait much longer to see the highly-anticipated smartphone in all of its (official) glory.RELATED
- Samsung Could Be Working On Transparent Displays With Rear Touchscreen Controls
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- LG: Flexible Displays Will Account For 40% Of The Market In 2018
- Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- Samsung SM-G900F Shows Up In Shipping Manifest
- Follow: Galaxy S4, Samsung,
- Seen at: twitter