Remember the alleged Samsung Galaxy S4 renderings that were “leaked” yesterday? Well as it turns out, it wasn’t so much a leak but rather a mockup of what the Galaxy S4 might look like, but here’s the kicker, it was a mockup by online UK retailer, Expansys, who claims (via their Twitter account) that @evleaks stole the design from them and added their own logo on it. The tweets (1,2) by @evleaks have since been deleted, indicating that this might be the case.
As far as mockups go, the design was created by the web designer for Expansys and in no way tells what the actual Galaxy S4 looks like, or hints at it. In fact it even reads at the bottom of Expansys’ Galaxy S4 page, “Careful: these are not official characteristics and are subject to change after the official device announcement.” Also based on the design of the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2, we can only assume that the Galaxy S4 will be continuing a more curvy design versus the more boxy one on the Galaxy S and Galaxy S2.
We’re sure that a good many of you guys are bummed by this piece of news, but with the official unveiling a little over a week away (14th of March for those who forgot), we guess you guys won’t have to wait much longer to see the highly-anticipated smartphone in all of its (official) glory.
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-02: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Surprisingly Durable In Drop Test
- 2014-02-24: Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-18: Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition Confirmed By Bluetooth SIG
- 2014-02-12: Sprint's Galaxy S4 Could Receive KitKat Update Tomorrow