ASUS has just announced that it is releasing an Android 4.2 Update for the ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T in the United states. This is an over-the-air update and users should see it appear in the settings or as a notification as it is rolled out. ASUS says that in addition to providing Android 4.2 features, this will also bring a number of stability and performance improvements that ASUS has added along with the OS update.
We have previously covered the launch of Android 4.2 in San Francisco back in October (don’t miss our Android 4.2 hands-on preview), and two of the more interesting features were PhotoSphere, a 360-degree panorama capture option in the stock Android Camera app, and the possibility to log in with multiple accounts (exclusively for tablets). We’re not sure if the ASUS 4.2 update contains PhotoSphere, but it does allow for multiple user login, which is pretty awesome when used in a family environment. At the same time, ASUS will also update its own App Locker, Virtual Keyboard, Lock Screen and Setup Wizard.
If you do not live in the USA, this update will come out later in March, but the exact schedule is not clear at this point. If you own an ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity, MeMO Pad Smart and MeMO Pad, ASUS says that Android 4.1 will arrive “during Q2″.
Next Story: Evernote Hacked
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2012-02-08: ASUS Transformer Prime receives new OTA update
- 2011-11-04: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer receives another update
- 2011-05-31: Asus Eee Pad Transformer receives Android 3.1 update
- 2010-12-28: Force your Android phone to check for updates using the dialer
- 2010-12-13: Android Market Update Begins To Roll Out