Remember the other day we reported that a mysterious customer had bought 1 million Blackberry Z10 units? If you’re curious as to who the mysterious benefactor is, the folks at AllThingsD have managed to discover that it is none other than Brightstar who bought up the Blackberry Z10 devices. This was confirmed by their source who claims that AllThingsD had the “Bright” part right when they speculated it was Brightpoint. For those unfamiliar, Brightstar is the company that handles Verizon’s big-box retail distribution, so by having Brightstar purchase the Blackberry Z10s, they are effectively offloading some of their risk to a third-party distributor. If that is the case, we guess this 1 million Z10 purchases can’t exactly be called a success for Blackberry, but hey it’s still money in their pockets and hopefully Brightstar will be able to unload these Z10s into the hands of customers.
- 2013-11-19 Porsche Design Re-Imagines The BlackBerry Z10 Costing $2,400
- 2013-11-07 BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition Now Available For First 250 Developers Who Successfully Submitted An App
- 2013-08-18 Alleged Porsche Design BlackBerry Z10 Components Leaked
- 2013-07-15 BlackBerry Z10 Prices Dropping As Low As $49 Four Months After Release
- 2013-06-27 BlackBerry 10.1 Update Solves Rebooting Issue