We’re sure that most of you guys have heard by now that the HTC One has been delayed, although HTC is aiming for a release before the end of April. In the meantime we have to wonder, with this delay, will phones like the Sony Xperia Z overtake the HTC One, and will Samsung’s Galaxy S4 be able to snatch some market share away, especially if both devices are released around the same time? While we have to wait for the numbers to be released, a report has suggested that in the US, there have been hundreds of thousands of pre-orders that have already been placed for the HTC One.
HTC has also gone on to state that the demand for the HTC One is the greatest they’ve ever had for one of their devices, which we guess is welcome news considering that HTC isn’t doing too well for themselves at the moment. Of course these hundreds of thousands of pre-orders could pale in comparison once the Samsung Galaxy S4 goes up for sale, but in the meantime it definitely looks good for HTC. What do you guys make of this? Anyone planning on grabbing a HTC One for themselves upon its release, or do you think the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be a more attractive option?
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-03-26: HTC One (M8): Asia Vs US, Fight!
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-01-29: Android KitKat For HTC One In North America Delayed
- 2014-01-15: Original HTC One Prototype Revealed
- 2013-12-20: HTC One Successor Rumored To Run Android 4.4.2 With Sense 6