Sony’s NEX range of mirrorless camera systems are priced from affordable to expensive, like the NEX-7 being the top of the range for example. However if the rumors are to be believed, it seems that Sony could working on a new NEX camera going by the name of the NEX-9. This is according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors who spoke to their source. According to their source, the NEX-9 is expected to be the first full-frame mirrorless camera offering in Sony’s NEX lineup and it seems that it could be priced a lot higher than the Sony RX1, the company’s full-frame Cybershot digital camera.
At the moment the RX1 is priced around $2,800 on Amazon which means that if their source is to be believed, the NEX-9 could see a pricing upwards of $3,000, and this is just the price for the body-only version! The goal here is to offer a mirrorless camera that can either match or surpass the capabilities of a pro DSLR camera, but in a much more compact body. We’re not sure when Sony will be launching said camera, but given its price it certainly isn’t for everyone. What do you guys think? Will you be willing to pay upwards of $3,000 for a full-frame mirrorless camera system?
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment