With a similar-sounding name to John Rambo, the Chinese-made Runbo X3 is one tough and rugged Android phone. Sporting a look that is more walkie-talkie than phone, Runbo X3 is encased in a waterproof case with IP67 rating, which should make it water resistant for up to three feet and protect the internal components from dust. It also sports walkie-talkie feature that is functional for up to 6 miles away from each other, useful for when trekking in thick jungles where cellular signals may not be available.
As a smartphone, the specs are just average. It has a 1GHz dual-core CPU that runs Android 4.0, along with 3G quad-band networking. Wi-Fi supports 802.11 b/g/n with Bluetooth and GPS on board. Runbo X3 also comes with a massive 3800 mAH battery pack that is able to deliver 25 hours of usage on a single charge. With a battery like this, it should bring some peace to the user knowing that they will not be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a dead phone. Additional features include Wi-Fi hotspot capability and dual-SIM. Unlike most smartphones, Runbo X3 sports a physical keyboard. The phone also includes an 8MP rear camera and 0.3MP front-facing one. It has a 4.3” screen with just 800×480 resolution.
As mentioned, the specs for Runbo X3 is just average by today’s smartphone standard. However, most of its potential buyers will be people looking for a tough and rugged phone and are willing to trade-off the specs for that. Runbo X3 can be purchased at Chinavasion for about USD350.
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-03-05: Android 4.x Finally Overtakes Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2013-02-25: Caterpillar CAT B15 Rugged Android Jelly Bean Phone Announced
- 2012-05-13: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Review
- 2012-03-08: Caterpillar announces CAT B10 rugged Android smartphone
- 2011-11-28: Sony Ericsson Xperia phones: Ice Cream Sandwich by March 2012