Samsung is one company that does seem to want to capture just about any and every market there is out there where the smartphone and phablet segments are concerned. After all, they have their fair share of entry level, mid-range as well as high end models, and the phablet market looks set to receive yet another addition in the form of a 5.9” phablet that is touted to arrive in the second half of 2013. Will this be able to help Samsung consolidate their market position further?
An anonymous (obviously) Samsung official mentioned to The Korea Times, ”Samsung is working on introducing a new phablet using a 5.9-inch organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen.” Hmmm, an OLED display does sound pretty interesting, and with their very own octa-core Exynos chipset running the show, we do wonder just which family will this phablet fall under. Could it be the next iteration of a future generation Galaxy Note? Hopefully additional details will be revealed as time passes by.
Next Story: Nokia Celebrates 2 Million Lumias Sold In China
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014