If you own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and you were wondering about the status of an update, you might be pleased to learn that according to SamMobile, they have received a tip from their insider who confirms to them that the Galaxy Tab 2 will be updated to Android 4.1.2, and the updates will keep coming until Android 4.2.2. We’re not sure how many updates there will be in between but that’s good news as it will no doubt extend the use of the tablet just by a little bit. Of course if you’re already pleased with your Galaxy Tab the way it is, then this will be a bonus.
According to their source, Samsung is currently testing the update on first-gen Galaxy Tab devices, although we’re not sure if this means that there is a possibility that first-gen Galaxy Tab devices will be updated in a similar fashion as well. No specific dates were given, but their insider claims that Samsung is hoping to issue the Android 4.1.2 update in Q2, followed by Android 4.2.2 in Q3. Either that or it will be straight to Android in Q3, skipping Android 4.1.2. We’ll take this with a grain of salt for now, but Galaxy Tab 2 owners, is this good news for you guys?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2012-11-22: Samsung reportedly rolling out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Tab 2 in France
- 2012-11-05: AT&T offers Samsung ATIV Smart PC and Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from November 9th
- 2012-11-01: Sprint Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 coming your way this November 11th
- 2012-10-09: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 from Sprint announced
- 2012-10-03: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 variants (SPH-P500 and SCH-i915) hit the FCC