In a move that is most probably playing it safe, remembering the adage to not put all of one’s eggs in a single basket, Sony Mobile must have approached a couple of suppliers to churn out displays for their current flagship device, the Sony Xperia Z, which is also water resistant to a certain extent, and that means it will play nice even when your fingers are wet. The two suppliers in question are JDC (Japan Display Central, part of Japan Display Inc) and Sharp, where both of them hail from Japan.
Of course, this means that one Xperia Z with a display from JDC does not necessarily mean it is better than the Sharp-equipped Xperia Z, or is it? The folks over at XDA Developers did run a poll in order to find out just which of the two displays is the superior one, and most of them voted for Sharp compared to just 20% being on JDC’s camp. Of course, there is nothing scientific about this poll, and until someone actually places both devices side by side to make a comparison, the entire shebang is still up for debate. Which of the two do you think has the better smartphone?
Next Story: Minecraft For Xbox 360 To Come In A Disc
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-03-03: T-Mobile Xperia Z Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-08-13: 100 Sony Xperia Z Handsets Used In A Fashion Project
- 2013-08-06: Sony XPERIA Z Users Complain of Build Quality in Forums
- 2013-08-01: Sony Shipped 9.6 Million Smartphones Last Quarter
- 2013-07-31: Sony Xperia Z And Xperia ZL Gets New Firmware Updates