Earlier this year at CES, the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset made an appearance and for those who are hearing about this for the first time, this is a virtual reality headset designed for gaming and is supposed to immerse the user in a virtual world by filling their field of vision as realistically as possible. While it has yet to make its way to the commercial market, those who own the Oculus Rift Developer Kit will be able to take it for a test drive in Valve’s Team Fortress 2. This was announced by Valve who revealed that they will be releasing a new mode for Team Fortress 2 that will support the virtual reality headset.
According to Joe Ludwig at Valve, “When we first played an early version of Virtual Reality mode in Team Fortress we were blown away by the immersion we experienced […] VR is just getting started, but it is going to have a big impact on gaming. This update will let us share that experience with more of the Team Fortress community.” Players who are able to activate this mode will also be given a unique Oculus Rift in-game hat whose code will be sent out by Oculus. We can only imagine how much fun this will be, although at the same time those prone to motion sickness might not find the experience pleasurable.
- 2014-04-21 Oculus Rift Gives You A Taste Of The USS Voyager Bridge
- 2014-04-21 Oculus Rift Lets You Enjoy Hoverboard Action
- 2014-04-16 Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Bonuses Includes TF2 Items And DOOM Beta Access
- 2014-04-16 Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-15 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-04-14 Oculus VR Founder Thinks Television Will Be Irrelevant In The Future
- 2014-01-17 Valve Announces Plans To Back The Oculus Rift
- 2013-05-10 Half-Life 2 Gets Official Oculus Rift Support