It looks as though Nintendo isn’t the only major publisher to diminish their presence at E3 this year as it turns out 2K Games, which is the publisher behind Borderlands 2 and BioShock Infinite, won’t be attending the show at all this year.
The news comes directly from 2K Games as they revealed on their forums they won’t have a booth at E3 this year, and will instead be working hard on its upcoming new titles for release. The forum post also plugged the company’s YouTube and Twitch channels to encourage gamers who are looking for additional information on upcoming titles to follow them on these sites.
Considering E3 is the biggest gaming-focused event of the year, we find it strange for 2K Games to decide to not attend. Sure – we could see why Nintendo wouldn’t want to hold a big press conference at E3, but for a publisher as big as 2K Games to decide against attending the show entirely is something completely unusual. Hopefully we’ll hear more about what 2K Games has planned around the time of the show as we’re sure even though they’re not physically at the show, they’ll still have a thing or two to reveal around the time the show takes place.
- 2014-02-28: Halo News Will Be Shared At E3, According To Phil Spencer
- 2013-06-13: PS4 vs Xbox One: Which One Should You Get?
- 2013-06-12: Cops Asked To Shut Ouya Down At E3 2013
- 2013-06-12: Nyko Announces Xbox One, PS4 Accessories At E3
- 2013-06-12: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Gets New E3 Gameplay Trailer
- 2013-06-11: The Elder Scrolls Online Headed To PS4, Xbox One In Spring 2014