Smart Pause is one of the many features in Galaxy S4 that Samsung boasted about. Before the release of Samsung’s latest Android plagship smartphone, it was believed that Smart Pause would employ the use of eye-tracking to pause content when the user look away. The feature does that, but through facial recognition. LookAway Player for iPhone brings Smart Pause like functionality to the iPhone, which by default does not have any such feature.
LookAway Player is an app for watching videos on YouTube, though it comes with two features that make it a lot interesting. First there’s the LookAway feature, aptly named, it pauses any playing video whenever the viewer turns the head away from the iPhone. The feature uses facial recognition to determine when the viewer has looked away. Then there’s the Shh feature, which automatically mutes audio when the view makes a shush-ing sound. The app is available to download right now from iTunes App Store, it is available for free. Early customer reviews are full of praises for the app, do check it out and let us know what you think about it. Is Smart Pause like functionality really of any use or is it just a novelty?
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-06-26 Samsung Lures iPhone 5 Owners To Galaxy S4 With Smart Switch App
- 2013-06-24 AT&T Discounts iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One By 50% For A Limited Time
- 2013-06-05 Samsung Outsells Apple In U.S. Thanks To Galaxy S4 [Analyst]
- 2013-03-22 Samsung Galaxy S4 Launch Results In iPhone Trade-Ins Doubling
- 2013-03-18 Apple Educates Potential Galaxy S4 Adopters Why People Love The iPhone