Mirror’s Edge is a first person action game that allows the player to perform parkour in order to navigate their way around the game. If you’re the sort of person who suffers from motion sickness, then chances are Mirror’s Edge is not really for you. However for those who love the game and thought it’d be cool if they could actually perform the stunts themselves, you’re sort of in luck because it seems that the game has been modded in order to play nice with the Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headset, a device which at the moment supports a handful of games, Team Fortress 2 being one of them.
For those unfamiliar with Oculus Rift, this is a virtual reality headset that creates a more immersive gaming experience by making the player feel like they’re there. At the moment the Oculus Rift headset is not as widely available yet, so that means not many gamers will have a chance to experience what this is like, but you can go ahead and check it out in the video nonetheless to get a rough idea. Once again, for those who suffer from motion sickness easily or who are prone to headaches, this is a video you might want to pass on.
- 2014-04-14: Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-03-30: Oculus Rift Team Hit With Death Threats Following Facebook Acquisition
- 2014-03-28: Facebook On Oculus Rift Might Look Like This
- 2014-03-28: Minecraft Creator States Minecraft For Oculus Rift Would Have Been Free
- 2014-03-27: Kickstarter Project Adds Stretch Goal Of Buying Oculus VR From Facebook
- 2014-03-25: Facebook's Acquisition Of Oculus Will Make VR Cheaper, Says Oculus Founder
- 2014-03-25: Facebook's Quest For Oculus VR Began Three Months Ago
- 2014-03-25: Minecraft For Oculus Rift Cancelled Post-Facebook Acquisition