While it goes without saying that companies ought to do their bit to ensure that they have a decent flagship device to keep in the smartphone race, it would also make perfect sense to achieve a balance in their product portfolio by rolling out devices that will also cater to different segments of society, and the middle class would be a good place to start. Word on the street earlier in the month has it that Oppo is working on a smartphone that is known as the Oppo R809T, where it measures 6..93mm thin, but that mark will still be far off from the 6.65mm of the Oppo Finder which was released sometime last year.
First of all, let it be known that the Oppo R809T is a mid-range device that would find its place somewhere between the Find 5 flagship and the Finder where hardware specifications are concerned. Running on a quad-core 1.2GHz processor, the Oppo R809T will be accompanied by 1GB RAM, powered by Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, has a 4.7” 720p in-cell display, an 8-megapixel shooter at the back and a 2-megapixel camera in front with an 88° field of view. No word on pricing or availability of the Oppo R809T are known as at press time, so stay tuned.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!