Nowadays, Android phone manufacturers are setting their sights on Samsung as their Galaxy S series seem to be the smartphones to beat. Pantech is certainly no stranger to the Android smartphone scene as they released a number of handsets over the past couple of years, but they’re announcing an upcoming device is expected to be the company’s flagship smartphone to take on the likes of the Galaxy S4 and the HTC One.
Pantech is teasing an upcoming event planned to take place on April 18 in South Korea for its “Vega Iron” which will be the company’s flagship smartphone which is expected to feature a 5-inch display capable of a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1820, a 1.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, 2GB of RAM and a 13MP rear-facing camera. Which Snapdragon processor is certainly up in the air at this point with a number of sources claiming it’ll either be the Snapdragon 600 or the Snapdragon 800. Either way, we’ll be keeping a close eye on South Korea later this week to report on Pantech’s upcoming announcement.
- 2014-03-19: Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, Vega Iron 2 Will Be Waterproof Devices
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-01-16: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Rumored For April Released
- 2013-12-05: Pantech Vega Secret Up Announced With Fingerprint Sensor
- 2013-11-27: Pantech Has Plans For Smartphone With Fingerprint Recognition Sensor