We’ve seen several different game controllers released in the past that allow gamers to play games on their mobile devices with an actual controller, rather than using the on-screen keys. It’s a lot more convenient and feels much better, and for some reason there have been rumors circulating that Apple could be interested in releasing a game controller of their own. While it does carry interesting connotations and possibilities, it does not seem very Apple-like, and the bad (or good, depending on how you look at it) news is that according to Jim Dalrymple of The Loop, that is not happening.
Dalrymple did not provide additional details beyond a simple, “nope”, but given that Dalrymple seems to be, well, in the loop when it comes to Apple rumors and such, his statements do carry a bit of weight. Either way we guess it’s hard to be bummed out about a product that does not exist at all, but what do you guys think? Would any of you have been interested in an Apple-made game controller for your iOS device?
Next Story: Apple's iRadio Service Rumored For Summer Launch
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases
- Apple's Plans For Sapphire Will Be For A "Secret Project"
- iPhone 6 To Have Sapphire Coating, Skips May Release (Rumor)
- Glucose Monitoring Might Not Make It Onto The iWatch