If you’re in the market for a new Android tablet, you might just be in luck as Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy Tab 3 (7.0). Interestingly though is that despite the rumors of a Galaxy Tab 3 (8.0), Samsung has chosen to unveil the 7.0 version first, with hopefully the 8.0 to follow soon after. This is not the most spectacular tablet we’ve seen from Samsung, but we guess with its mid-range specs, it will probably end up being pretty friendly to bank account.
The tablet will feature a 1.2GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM to match. It will sport a 7” display with a somewhat disappointing resolution of 1024×600, giving it a PPI of 169. It will come in either an 8GB or 16GB version and will support microSD cards for memory expansion. The Galaxy Ta 3 (7.0) will also come with a 3MP rear-facing camera, a 1.3MP front-facing camera with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean running the show. If you’re wondering why these specs sound vaguely familiar, it’s because its predecessor, the Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) came with somewhat similar specs with a 1GHz dual-core chipset, a 3.15MP camera and a 7″ 1024×600 display. We guess the only reason you might want to upgrade to the Galaxy Tab 3 is if you wanted a slightly faster processor and a front-facing camera as well.
The WiFi-only model is expected to be available in May with a 3G version to follow suit in June.
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2013-12-11: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Specs Leaked [Rumor]
- 2013-12-05: Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Release Expected Next Month
- 2013-10-28: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids Launching In U.S. Nov. 10 For $230
- 2013-10-07: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Arriving On Sprint 11th October
- 2013-09-17: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, 8.0 Expected To Receive Multi-User Support