The successor to Sony’s NEX-7 has been rumored to be in the works and is possibly named the NEX-7n. The latest rumor has suggested that it could be seeing a May release, and if you were hoping to see other NEX cameras launch in the future, at least as 2013 is concerned, the NEX-7n might be the only device. This is according to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors who are working off intel from their sources, who suggested that the NEX-7n might be the only NEX or A-mount camera to launch in 2013.
Apparently this is due to a new strategy deployed by Sony’s CEO who has decided that the company should focus on releasing cameras with game-changing technology rather than release cameras with incremental upgrades. We’re sure there are some who are eager to see what sort of game-changing technology Sony could bring to the table, but at the same time there are probably consumers who don’t want to wait around for ages and instead get the best value for their money in the foreseeable future. Either way take this with a grain of salt for now, and we guess time will only tell if these rumors pan out.
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita