Splinter Cell: Blacklist’s release date may have been pushed back to August 20, but it looks like Ubisoft is adding one more video game console to its release schedule as a Wii U version of the game has been confirmed by the company today.
In addition to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC, Wii U owners will be able to get a chance to play Splinter Cell: Blacklist on their game console of choice, and as is expected, it’ll make good use of the Wii U GamePad by showcasing “enhanced game-play features” that will allow players to use Sam Fisher’s tools, switch weapons, take out enemies and navigate environments.
No other information was given in reference to what other features Wii U players will enjoy in their version of the game, but being able to handle much of the usually on-screen menu stuff we’ve become accustomed to on the Wii U GamePad seems like a neat feature. The more the Wii U GamePad is used in games, the less time we’ll be fiddling with in-game menus as everything would easily be accessible from the GamePad.
Next Story: HTC One Review (M7)
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-02-11 Watch Dogs For Wii U Will Be Delayed
- 2013-11-14 Watch All 30 Minutes Of The Latest Nintendo Direct Right Here
- 2013-11-07 Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Adds Marth To Its Roster Of Fighters
- 2013-10-30 Nintendo: Wii U Still Having A "Negative Impact" On Our Profits
- 2013-04-23 Splinter Cell: Blacklist Highlights Wii U Exclusive Gameplay In New Trailer