Disney’s announcement yesterday of it pulling the plug on LucasArts sent shockwaves throughout the video game industry as their game development studio seemed like it was just about to take off with its upcoming release of Star Wars 1313, whose future was uncertain during yesterday’s announcement. It looks as though the news isn’t looking good for the game as a LucasFilm representative confirmed the production for Star Wars 1313 has been halted.
LucasFilm spokesperson Miles Perkins spoke to the BBC saying, “Both current Star Wars games projects have been halted.” That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s officially being canceled as a LucasArts rep spoke with Game Informer yesterday saying, “There’s always a possibility that it [Star Wars 1313] can still come out via licensing.” Considering how much work was already put into the game by LucasArts, we’re not sure if licensing the game out to external partners would be in the game’s best interest. Either way, we think you should probably plan for the worst in regards to Star Wars 1313 as it’s future certainly isn’t looking to be a bright one.
- 2014-03-25 Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-02-13 Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19 Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-15 Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-17 Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Runs On A Free-To-Play Model
- 2013-05-07 EA Star Wars Titles Won't Come To Nintendo Wii U
- 2013-05-06 EA Will Exclusively Develop Future Star Wars Games
- 2013-04-11 Secret Star Wars: Battlefront 3 Project Footage Leaked
- 2013-04-03 Disney Pulls The Plug On LucasArts, Star Wars Titles Will Be Licensed
- 2013-01-17 Star Wars 1313 Not Coming This Year After All