Amazon is announcing today it is launching its own login service for both app developers and websites to use in order to access its customers’ information more easily.
Login With Amazon allows both app developers and websites access to a user’s account credentials once you log into the service or application, which would also share parts of your profile through apps, games and websites. The Login With Amazon service has already been tested with a number of trusted retailers, such as Zappos and Woot, with these trials resulting in significant pickup from their customers.
Login With Amazon is completely free to use and is now available for app developers and websites to tap into Amazon’s 200 million registered users, which Amazon also took the time and effort to further explain in a easily-digested video.
- 2014-04-16: Amazon Cloud Drive Users Can Now See Documents Stored On A Kindle
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: Amazon Working On Eighth Generation Of Delivery Drones
- 2014-04-13: Fire TV Sells Out Due To High Demand, Unit Sales Figures Not Disclosed