Is it me, or are smartphone manufacturers out there all working hard to include water-resistance as part of the staple feature list in flagship devices, or at least those smartphones which have hardware specifications that are close to the high end side of things? The Panasonic Eluga P P-03E that is set to arrive at NTT DoCoMo looks set to offer decent competition to the HTC One over in Japan, where this smartphone sports a 4.7” Full HD display while running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice.
Take note that the Panasonic Eluga P has been specially optimized so that you can use just a single hand to work it, which is a boon since larger handsets these days simply have way too much viewing (or rather, touching) real estate to handle with just your thumb. There is also a touch assist feature which detects a hovering finger in the same vein as that of Samsung’s Air Gestures. Other hardware specifications of the Panasonic Eluga P P-03E include a Snapdragon 600 chipset with a quad-core Krait 300 CPU at 1.7GHz, a 13.4-megapixel camera, NFC support, a barometer and an IR blaster, in addition to Japan-specific features such as FeliCa and Seg. Are you looking forward to an international version of this?
Next Story: BBC iPlayer For Windows Phone 8 Launched
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-03-24: Panasonic HX-A500 4K Wearable Camera Coming This May
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Lumix GH4 Ships This April For $1,700
- 2014-03-09: Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MB5 Could Start Shipping Soon