If you still have a PlayStation 2 and have been on the fence whether or not you should trade it in for the $7.23 GameStop will probably give you for the aged console, then you have less than a month to decide if you should part with it or not. GameStop has started to display a message at its stores that say they will no longer be accepting PlayStation 2 trade-in starting on June 1, which also goes for all of its accessories and games.
Sony has stopped its shipments of the PlayStation 2 just a few months ago, which we’re sure was one of the last straws for GameStop to consider ending its trade-ins of the console at its stores. Considering the next wave of next-generation consoles will be upon us by this holiday season, it also makes sense to end their PlayStation 2 trade-in program since they’re going to need that extra space for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 trade-ins.
Again – this is pretty much your last warning if you’ve been debating whether or not to trade in anything PlayStation 2 related to GameStop. After June 1, you’ll be stuck with all of your games, accessories and consoles, that is, unless you try to sell them on eBay.RELATED
- Fallout 4 Website Turns Out To Be Fake
- R4iSDHC Gets Updated Website
- 'Waiting In Line 3D' Brings The Boredom Of Waiting In Line To Your Computer
- Super Smash Bros. Adds Zelda: Majora's Mask's Skull Kid As An Assist Trophy
- Ultra Street Fighter 4 Headed To Xbox 360, PS3 June 2014
- Follow: gamestop, playstation, playstation 2, Sony,
- Seen at: reddit