Last week we reported that Sony had launched a website counting down to an announcement of something called the Panopticon. At that time it was unclear as to what it was, although previous trademark filings had some speculating that perhaps it might be related to a camera device for the PlayStation console. However the countdown has since ended and Sony Japan has officially revealed the trailer for what appears to be a game. We’re assuming that the game is called Panopticon and while the details remain a bit of a mystery at this point in time, the trailer reveals a futuristic world where its inhabitants can be identified by ID numbers above their heads which kind of reminds us of some futuristic sci-fi movie. In any case we’re not sure when the game will be released, or which platforms it will be available on, but if you have a couple of minutes you should check out the trailer in the video above.
Next Story: Gran Turismo 6 For The PS4 Is A Possibility
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark