After folks living in the US have managed to see the Xperia Z appear as an unlocked device on Sony’s US online store, it is a pleasant surprise to see another smartphone follow suit, that is the Sony Xperia SP which will keep the waterproof and dust-proof Xperia Z company on Sony’s virtual store shelves. Those who are interested in picking up the Sony Xperia SP will be able to do so from the US Sony store in either black or white colors, and you will first have to drop a cool $489.99 regardless of the color you choose, with pre-orders tipped to ship out from May 20th onwards.
Just to refresh your respective memories, the Sony Xperia SP would be equipped with a 4.6-inch display at 1280 x 720 resolution, a dual-core 1.7GHz MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, an 8-megapixel rear shooter with a front-facing VGA camera, 8GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot, 1GB RAM, HSPA+ (850, 900, 1900, 2100) and LTE (Band I, Band II, Band IV, Band V) support, NFC connectivity, and of course, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice. Any takers?
Next Story: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Update
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-16 Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-01 Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-11 Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-12-26 Sony Xperia SP Andorid 4.3 Update Release Expected Soon
- 2013-07-25 Sony Announce Devices That Will Receive Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update